To decelerate the pace of virus spread caused by the new type of coronavirus (COVID 19) infection, and minimize its consequences, the special quarantine regime in the country is extended until 00:00 local time of the 1st August 2020. At the same time, the measures are bound to be applied to further toughen the special quarantine regime in the territory of the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lenkoran, Yevlakh, Masally, Jalilabad and the Absheron peninsula.
As reported by the Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers to Azertac State Agency, following activities and services shall be suspended for the said period in the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lenkoran, Yevlakh, Masally, Jalilabad and the Absheron peninsula:
• Large malls except food shops and drugstores located in its building;
• Customer services at spot in public services areas;
• Museums and exhibition halls;
• Hair salons, beauty studios and cosmetic services (including services provided in customer’s homes or other premises);
• Educational institutions (except online exams, competitions and interviewing sessions);
• Outdoor sport competitions and games.
Following persons are authorized for any movement in this period upon presentation of their service cards in the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lenkoran, Yevlakh, Masally, Jalilabad and the Absheron peninsula:
• The Administration of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Administrative Department of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Medical Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Staff members of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan and employees of the Administrative Department of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
• Members of the Milli Majlis of the Republic of Azerbaijan and members of its Staff;
• Heads of center and local executive authorities and their deputies;
• Heads and their deputies of the legal entities owned by the Government, including the public law entities established on behalf of the State;
• Employees of law enforcement bodies, courts and military service institutions, and lawyers;
• Staff members of the diplomatic representative offices and international organizations accredited to the Republic of Azerbaijan and their local staff (on the basis of accreditation cards issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan).
Following representatives are authorized for any movement with the only condition that their employers introduce the data of their employees into icaze.e-gov.az portal via using encrypted e-signature: employees of other State bodies (authorities); members of ASAN Volunteers Public Union, Agricultural Development Volunteers Movement, Regional Development Public Union, “Bir” Student Volunteers Organization, volunteers of the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of Population of the Republic of Azerbaijan, including employees of the legal persons and their employees whose activities are allowed in the list defined by the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan, including natural persons and their employees running their entrepreneurial activities with the status of a legal entity whose work is authorized to ensure the protection of private legal entities under lockdown and any technical safety.
To enable the movement of other persons at the same time, data about employees of legal persons involved in the harvesting of agricultural products, their shift-based irrigation operations, urgent veterinary and plant protection operations, must be introduced by employers using their encrypted e-signature on the icaze.e-gov.az portal while natural persons dealing with the same area are introduced by the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Azerbaijan or representatives of the local executive power authority in their area.
Other persons are authorized to leave their residential places or any place they are positioned currently in the following cases:
• Urgency medical necessity or any such treatment in accordance with timetable (on the basis of SMS);
• Buying food and other daily consumption products, including pharmaceuticals, and using public services, including other services extended in various working and service areas authorized as a type of public services or bank and post services, but also, in case of necessity to spend time outdoor (on the basis of SMS);
• Necessity to participate at funerals of close relatives (using 102 Service Call Center);
SMS text must contain one of two following indexes and data about identity card:
• Number 1 – the authorization is granted to leave the residential place or current whereabouts for 2 (two) hours due to the urgent medical urgency or treatment in accordance with timetable (within the district and the city). If there is a need to circulate between the districts and the cities, the distance to the address due and the time for treatment procedure are considered duly. The return is authorized on the basis of the doctor’s permit time and must be presented to any police officer in case of necessity);
• Number 2 - the authorization is granted to leave the residential place or current whereabouts for 2 (two) hours due to the need of buying food and other daily consumption products and pharmaceuticals, but also to benefit from public services, including other services such as public services or bank and post services, and in case of necessity to spend time outdoors. This authorization is issued once per day. The return time for persons that leave their residential place or current whereabouts to benefit from relevant public services, is defined by relevant State body’s permit paper.
We should note that SMS based information is free. Reply generated via information system of e-government indicates the validity time of SMS based authorization. Any person can leave the residential place and his/her current whereabouts upon receiving positive reply only.
It is not required to send SMS in case of urgent need to leave the residential place or current whereabouts in case of any direct danger to life and health. Also, persons can leave their residential area and current whereabouts without sending SMS if they are called to courts or law enforcement bodies. In this case, they must present the document on their call to the court or the law enforcement body upon the request by a police officer.
In relation to any difficulty that may arise from the rules of using SMS based permit systems and sending SMS messages, persons can apply to 9108 Call Center of the State Agency for Public Services and Social Innovations under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan (ASAN Service).
To leave his/her residential place or current whereabouts due to the participation at funerals of close relatives, any person must obtain the authorization via 102 Service Call Center of the Operative Management Service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
It is imperative that the persons on move must bear their identity cards in accordance with these rules.
Natural, legal persons and high ranking officials shall be liable in line with the clauses of the Administrative Offences Code and the Criminal Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan for any violation of the rules applied in the framework of movement restrictions defined by the relevant decision of the Cabinet of Ministers.
The observance of the rules of movement restrictions defined by the said decision is enforced by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The control over any operation of inputting the data into the icaze.e-gov.az portal by the employers of private legal entities acting in the areas authorized in the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lenkoran, Yevlakh, Masally, Jalilabad and the Absheron peninsula as well as the data of natural persons running their entrepreneurial activities without the status of a legal person and their employees is done by the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the State Agency for Public Services and Social Innovations under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan for the period from 00:00 local time of the 21st of June 2020 until 06:00 of the 5th of July 2020. In case of wrong input of data to obtain the authorization via the icaze.e-gov.az or any misuse of authorization granting procedure via SMS to leave the residential place or current whereabouts, such actions shall be reported to relevant bodies for liability measures.
Persons that have purchased air tickets for relevant international or internal flights are authorized to leave their residential place or current whereabouts on the basis of those air tickets while any return of persons crossing the State border and entering accordingly into the country are authorized to reach their residential place or other whereabouts on the basis of entry stamp on their passports.
We call once again on every person to observe the rules of personal hygiene as well as medical prophylactics, leave their homes only in the case of serious necessity, be in minimal contact with other persons in public places, avoid assembling in groups exceeding 10 persons in one place and respect current preventive measures and conditions due to the current situation of COVID 19. The fight against COVID 19 is a long process. Therefore, any preventive action against this disease is recommended as a daily life style of each person.