In accordance with the decision of the Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan, several changes are made to the rules of applying the countrywide special quarantine regime.
The countrywide special quarantine regime’s duration is extended until 30 September 2020 in line with the decision 310 of the Cabinet of Ministers.
In accordance with the decision 311 of the Cabinet of Ministers, the tough special quarantine regime is envisaged to be applied until 30 September 2020 only in the cities of Baku and Sumgayit and the Absheron district.
Starting from 06:00 local time, 31 August, museums and exhibition halls are to restore their activities. (According to this decision, museums and exhibitions halls that are authorized to run their activities, shall organize their work in line with current rules, sanitary norms and requirements set in methodical guidelines).
Educational and tutor services are authorized in individual and group modes (except classes held with participation of over 10 persons).
Passenger transportation services of the Baku Metro will remain suspended until 15 September 2020.
The suspension of public transport traffic on Saturdays and Sundays will be applied until 30 September 2020.
Thus, public transport traffic is suspended in 2020 in the following modes:
From 00:00, 5 September to 06:00, 7 September;
From 00:00, 12 September to 06:00, 14 September;
From 00:00, 19 September to 06:00, 21 September;
From 00:00, 26 September to 06:00, 28 September.
The decision 312 of the Cabinet of Ministers defines the schedule regulating activities of educational facilities in special quarantine regime.
Preschool educational facilities start from 15 September 2020;
Secondary education facilities start as follows:
- Initial educational level of secondary education (grades I - IV) starts from 15 September 2020.
- Special schools, special boarding schools, boarding schools for secondary education, inclusive boarding school type educational institutions, inclusive boarding school type gymnasiums, secondary education boarding schools for children deprived of parental care start to operate from 15 September 2020.
- Preschool preparation stage for secondary education (children aged 5) starts from 1 October 2020.
- Middle educational level of secondary education (grades V - IX) starts from 1 October 2020.
- Full educational level of secondary education (grades X - XI) starts from 15 October 2020.
Vocational education institutions start their activities as follows:
- Short term courses start from 1 October 2020.
- All levels of vocational education start from 15 October 2020.
Higher and secondary vocational education facilities:
- I grade students start from 1 October 2020;
- Students of II grade or higher start their education from 15 October 2020 in accordance with their list to be agreed with the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan and professions defined by educational institutions considering specifications of each profession.
- Depending on age groups and grades at children’s musical and art schools, the educational process starts in accordance with the dates set in Item 1.2 of the decision.
The Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan shall prepare temporary rules of organizing educational and training processes in educational facilities and submit it to the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan in 10 (ten) days.
The educational and training process organized in real time mode in educational facilities can be restored in accordance with the dates set in the present Decision on the basis of relevant opinions of the Chief state sanitary doctor or hygiene and epidemiology centers of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Azerbaijan saying that the sanitary epidemiological situation in the entire territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan or in its various administrative territorial entities, poses no threat to the public health.
During the period of validity of the present Decision, mass events besides the educational process with participation of students and teachers shall be suspended.