The Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan has adopted a Resolution to extend the quarantine regime and removed some of restrictions.
The Resolution reads:
To extend the special quarantine regime in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan until 06:00 on August 1, 2021, in order to prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) infection and its possible complications in the country.
It is determined that:
- starting from May 31, 2021, 06:00:
- the requirement to use respiratory protective equipments (e.g., medical masks, cloth face masks, respirators, etc.) in public places in the open air is abolished;
- passenger transportation activity is resumed in Baku Metro;
- land and air passenger transportation from cities and regions of the country is resumed.
- starting from 00:00 on June 10, 2021, the following areas of work and services will be restored:
- religious places of worship (not more than 50% of spots for worship at a time (not more than 50 people in total));
- large shopping centers (except for the activities of childrens’ and other entertainment centers, and cinemas);
- sports and health-recovery facilities (without the requirement to use respiratory protective equipments), taking into account paragraph 2.3 of this Resolution;
- beaches and venues located in their territory such as swimming pools, water attractions, sports and games.
- Except for persons under the age of 18, only those who obtain COVID-19 passport (with COVID-19 vaccination certificate) or COVID-19 immunity certificate (with recovery from COVID-19) are able to access sports and health recovery facilities;
- From July 1st, 2021, at least 80 percent of employees will be required to acquire a COVID-19 passport or COVID-19 immunity certificate in the identified work and service sectors.
- According to paragraphs 2.1 and 2.2 of this Resolution, it is obligatory to comply with the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan, as well as with all the requirements and methodical instructions given by other state bodies (institutions) against the coronavirus infection in the spheres of work and services.
- A limited number of spectators are allowed to participate in 4 matches of the 2021 European Football Championship in Baku;
- Individuals, legal entities and officials are going to be held accountable for violation of the requirements of this Resoution in accordance with the Administrative Offenses and Criminal Codes of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The special quarantine regime will be extended until August 1st.
June 5-7, 2021, 00:00 to 06:00; June 13-14, 2021, 00:00 to 06:00; June 19-20, 2021, 00:00 to 06:00; June 26-28, 2021, 00:00 to 06:00 public transport, as well as passenger transportation in the Baku Metro is suspended.
The Resolution will take effect on May 31, 2021 at 06:00.