Explanation for the Resolution No. 167 of the Cabinet of Ministers.
According to the changes:
1) The requirement for passengers departing from the Republic of Azerbaijan to undergo PCR testing for COVID-19 will be regulated by the air carrier in accordance with the rules established at the point of destination. Prior to this, passengers departing from the Republic of Azerbaijan, were only allowed to flight with a certificate which demostrated a negative PCR test result for COVID-19 within 48 hours before the flight.
2) Checks on the certificates of passengers leaving the Republic of Azerbaijan were carried out by medical staff operating at the entrance to the terminals. Passengers were registered for flight and boarded on the basis of these certificates. This requirement is cancelled.
3) Thereafter, all airlines operating flights to the Republic of Azerbaijan accept passengers on the following conditions:
In respect of foreigners and stateless persons:
1. Passengers over 18 years of age - COVID-19 passport (a document confirming full vaccination against COVID-19 or immunity to COVID-19) and a relevant document confirming the negative PCR test result for COVID-19 issued within 72 hours before the flight;
2. Passengers between the ages of 1-18 - on the basis of a document confirming the negative PCR test result for COVID-19, issued only within 72 hours before the flight;
In relation to the citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan:
On the basis of a document confirming the negative PCR test result for COVID-19 issued within 72 hours before the flight.
4) In addition, the ban on the carriage of hand luggages for passengers has been lifted in Azerbaijan.